we’re not accepting new submissions right now but expect to open submissions shortly.
Cricket Cottage Publishing Submission Guidelines
We’re very pleased that you’re considering us to help you on your publishing journey. At Cricket Cottage, we view the publication, marketing, and sales process as a partnership that requires the active participation and cooperation of both the author and the publisher. We’re committed to telling great stories that inform, entertain, educate, and impact. If there’s a match between your values and ours, please note the following guidelines before submitting anything to us.
- We do not accept unsolicited manuscripts. Instead, begin with a query using our online submission form.
- Before sending it, review your submission/manuscript and eliminate every possible typo, misspelling, errant paragraph, or other error to the greatest extent possible. You only have one chance to make a first impression, so make this a good one. If your work needs a great deal of editing, we generally find that it is not yet ready for publication.
- All documents submitted to us must be in Word or PDF format. Pages must be numbered and double-spaced with font size 12. The author’s name must appear on the manuscript.
- About the Author: Provide us your full name (including any pen name), residence address, email address, and telephone number. Also give us a one-paragraph bio of the author.
- About the Work: Submit a one-page query about your work along with the first chapter of your manuscript. Tell us the title of the work, word count, genre, a list of similar titles/authors, and a list of publishers the work has been submitted to if it is still under consideration. Include a brief marketing plan detailing how you will help sell your book.
- Submit documents only for work to which the submitter exclusively controls the copyright. More than one person can be the “submitter,” but all owners will need to sign related documents and complete # 4 above.
- If you disregard any of our submission guidelines, your submission likely won’t make it beyond screening, so we will not see it.
- We will do our best to send you a confirmation email, but allow us four to six weeks to review your work and respond more substantively.
Cricket Cottage Publishing, LLC